Figs are in season!
Figs are a superfood because their nutritional value is impressive. They have the highest mineral and fiber content of all common fruits, nuts, or vegetables.
One serving of figs (fresh or dried) provides 6% of the Daily Value for calcium and iron, and 7% of the Daily Value for potassium.
Here are some of the benefits of figs:
- Promotes digestive health as they are natural laxative because of their high fiber content and prebiotic properties.
- Rich in antioxidants and protective against free radicals.
- May support healthy blood pressure due to their high potassium content.
- May support bone health as it is high in calcium.
- May improve diet quality and aid weight management.
- For men, it also helps with infertility and increases sperm count and motility.
Dipping them in the leftover dark Easter chocolate and sprinkling them with a bit of salt to reduce the sweetness makes the perfect afternoon snack!
You can also put them in your porridge during breakfast!
Enjoy them while they are in season!