I make at least one pot of soup every week. My mother has always done the same, and I have grown up with this soup.
You may substitute pork with any meat on the bone.
- 1kg pork neck with the bone ( purchased at a Chinese butcher; rinse and wash before use)
- 2 carrots chopped
- Lotus root – frozen from the Chinese supermarket
- Corn cob x 4 ( you can cut some of the corn off the cob and also throw in the cob)
- 4x small potatoes
- 2 handfuls of goji berries ( this will darken and sweeten the soup. This Chinese herb helps build the blood and is great for the eyes)
- Place all ingredients into an automatic pressure cooker, one like Breville, and cover the ingredients with water.
- Place on pressure cook for 30 mins.
Another variation to this soup:
- Bring to the boil carrots, corn cobbs, ginger and pork neck bone.
- Add Salt.
- When boiled, add 1 bunch of watercress.
- Simmer for one hour.
This is a very detoxifying soup version of the soup.