Buckwheat, Pomegranate & Roasted Carrot Tabbouleh
Begin this recipe 1 day ahead
- 2 bunches baby (Dutch) carrots, tops trimmed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbs. harissa paste ( if you do not have this, I used Baharat spice
- 1 ½ tbs. pomegranate molasses
- ½ cup (100g) buckwheat, soaked in water overnight, drained
- ½ cup (80g) almonds, roasted, chopped seeds of 1 small pomegranate
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves roughly chopped
- ½ bunch mint, leaves torn
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. toss carrots, olive oil , harissa and 1 tbs. pomegranate molasses in a bowl, then season, roast for 30 – 40 minutes until tender, cool.
- Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to the boil high heat. Add drained buckwheat and cook for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain and refresh under cold running water, transfer buckwheat to a large bowl and set aside.
- Toss the remaining ingredients and 2 tsp. molasses with buckwheat. Season and top with roasted carrots ( cut into halves) to serve.
Perfect for the cold weather!