Tofu can be a bit bland sometimes but adding this simple teriyaki sauce enhances its taste!
In Chinese Medicine, tofu is cold in nature and helps the body detox, rejuvenating the skin and improving appetite. Despite this, gout and kidney disease sufferers are not recommended to eat tofu since it contains purine.
Teriyaki Tofu Recipe
- Dry medium to firm tofu on paper
- Thinly coat with cornflour
- Fry in the pan till light brown and put aside
To make the sauce:
Use 1 tbsp of the following and mix the sauce
- 1/2 spoon sugar brown
- Heat in the sauce in the pan till the sugar melts
- Pour tofu into pan and mix
- Rest of the sauce, pour over tofu at the end
- Garnish with black sesame and shallots
Let me know how you like to cook your tofu! Enjoy 🙂