By increasing overall quality of sperm it may facilitate better IVF outcomes.
Lifestyle factors which affect sperm
The following needs to be checked
- Sperm test, how recent is it?
- Is he cleaning the pipes regularly, frequency of intercourse
- Bike riding, hot yoga, sauna ( Heat)
- Smoking , drinking , recreational drug intake ?
- Medications and chemicals ?
Supplements for sperm
- L-Arginine (benefits sperm formation and motility
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine (benefits sperm formation and motility)
- Co Enzyme Q10
- Omega 3s (reduces inflammation & supports health cell growth)
- Vitamin C (supports healthy cell growth)
- Vitamin E (improves sperm motility and overall quality)
- Selenium (lost in semen and deficiency is linked to poor sperm count, motility, & morphology)
- Zinc (supports sperm production and testosterone metabolism)
- Vitamin B12 (promotes healthy cell replication)
- Vitamin D ( promotes sperm quality, and motility)