This Japanese stew is so healthy!
The shirataki is low in calories. For those with joint pain or inflammation issues just remove the potatoes!
Recipe found from my fave Japanese recipe website:
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Thinly sliced beef or pork (thinly sliced meat cooks a lot faster!)
- Shirataki noodles (Ito Konnyaku)
- Green vegetables (Most commonly snow peas, green beans, or green peas)
- Seasonings – soy sauce, sugar, mirin, sake, optional dashi
- Blanch the green vegetable of your choice in a separate small pot. Set aside for the last step.
- Cook shirataki noodles according to package directions.
- In a large pot, cook the onion and then add meat.
- Add potatoes and coat them well with oil.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, including shirataki noodles.
- Add seasonings and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 30-60 minutes.
- When ready to serve, add in blanched green vegetable and reheat to serve.