Super yummy chocolate coconut balls are an easy sweet treat. These will store for weeks in your fridge, though they never last that long. Raw cacao is a highly nutritious superfood high in magnesium, antioxidants, and theobromine, an alkaloid that increases positive feelings and energy.
Original version above in the link however I modified it below so that it was luxuriously creamy & nut free:
- 2.5 c coconut, fine, desiccated (or I used the young flesh of 2 coconuts! Plus added only half the amount of coconut (or less) into mixture!)
- 1.5 c. raw cacao powder
- 2 c. fresh dates
- 1/3 c. raw coconut oil & cacao butter (I used 1/4 c cacao butter then added in enough coconut oil to make 1/3 c.)
- 1 tsp. vanilla powder
- Scrape out 2 young coconuts for flesh & whiz up. If you don’t have the fresh stuff just use the shredded or desiccated coconut
- Blend in dates.
- If the coconut oil is solid, put jar into bowl of warm water until oil is liquid. Melt cocoa butter & add both into blender. Add in vanilla essence.
- Add cacao powder & more desiccated coconut gradually to suit your taste buds! Don’t overdo cacao powder or desiccated coconut, I found I did not need it all!
- Mix all ingredients together until well incorporated.
- Grease a baking tray with coconut oil. Press the mixture in till flat about 2cm high. Refrigerate till solid.
- Take out & slice into cubes 2cm b7 2cm & form into a ball with your hands. Roll in desiccated coconut.
- Chill the formed balls until ready to serve.
- Also can be pressed into a pan greased with coconut oil and cut into squares to eat when chilled, for an even faster treat.