Improve Your Chances of Conceiving with Fertility Acupuncture
Have you struggled with fertility or your IVF treatments? Eastern Therapies offers infertility acupuncture at our Bondi clinic to those looking to improve their chances of conceiving.
The traditional medicine practitioners and acupuncturists at Eastern Therapies specialise in women’s health and all stages of pregnancy. Our infertility acupuncture involves improving physical and emotional health as well as stabilising and regulating the menstrual cycle. In this way, the fertility acupuncture at our Bondi clinic works to improve your chances of successfully conceiving and having a healthy pregnancy as well.
Infertility acupuncture has been shown to:
- Regulate the menstrual cycle
- Improve sperm count and motility
- Reduce stress and anxiety associated with infertility
- Balance the hormone and endocrine systems
- Improve blood flow to the uterus
- Decrease the chance of miscarriage
About our fertility acupuncture in Bondi Junction
Our holistic approach to infertility acupuncture at our Bondi Junction clinic means we take the complete picture into consideration. Acupuncture treatments can help to promote a positive and relaxed state of mind, lowering stress and boosting fertility. Acupuncture can also be focused on the male partner, improving the quality and quantity of sperm. This treatment is recommended just prior to collection of the sperm (if undergoing IVF).
Our infertility acupuncture treatment packages include:
- IVF Support Program: involves an initial consultation and a total of 6-12 sessions. This package is designed to provide acupuncture treatment at the most critical times of IVF and related techniques. Also to assist patients with blood circulation , improve thickness of endometrium, de-stress, reduce side effects of the hormones. Once a week starting one month prior to the start of the cycle. Twice a week starting during the IVF cycle.
- Pre-Embryo Transfer Program and Post-Embryo Transfer Program: involves two sessions and is shown to significantly improve pregnancy rates.
- Post-Harvest Program: involves only one session, typically scheduled the day after harvesting to decrease anxiety, bloating and normalize the tissues.
- Female Fertility Program: supports women who want to conceive naturally, involving an initial consultation and a further 12 sessions. These treatments are given over a period of three months, and include advice for optimising nutrition and lifestyle for conception. It is recommended that this package is used prior to assisted conception/IVF.
- Male Fertility Program: involves an initial consultation and 10-12 sessions of acupuncture. Herbal medicine can also be provided for a period of three months. It is recommended that the program is started at least three months before trying to conceive. This program is customizable, depending on whether the patient wishes to improve sperm count, morphology, or motility.
- Male Sperm Collection Program: involves one to two treatments prior to sperm collection to improve motility prior to collection.
Fertility support treatments: IUI – support with acupuncture weekly treatments during IUI stimulation cycle; Ovulation Tracking – first 3 cycles weekly treatments; Post Laproscopy –first 3 months weekly treatments; PCOS – regulate the cycle; Amenorrhea – have worked succesfully with patients with amenorrhea post contraception to establish a cycle.
6 month treatment process for endometriosis patients (severe or stage 4 or with a lot of pain outside of the menstrual cycle etc). I recommend patients to see me for 2 menstrual cycles weekly
Treatment 1x per week (8 treatments in 8 weeks) then
Treatment every 2 wks – (4 treatments in 8 weeks)then
Treatment every 3 wks (3 treatments in 8 weeks)
Total cost $2588* (factor in your private health fund rebates) *includes cost of herbal medicine
Recommended maintenance – Once a month for maintenance treatment to assist with the outcome of the laproscopy, keep circulating the blood and reduce inflammation and pain.
Fertility treatment for patients with endometriosis is similar except I treat once per week for 12 weeks.Then once per fortnight.
3 month treatment process for endometriosis patients with mild symptoms.
Treatment 1x per week (4 treatments in 4 weeks) then
Treatment every 3 wks (3 treatments in 8 weeks)then
Maintenance if necessary
Total cost $1169* ( factor in your private health fund rebates) *includes cost of herbal medicine
- *these recommendations are general and treatment frequency may changed upon information gathered at the time of consultation *the charges are approximate calculations
IVF acupuncture at our Bondi Junction clinic
Our IVF acupuncture is carried out in association with a Monash IVF in Bondi Junction, which allows us to accurately track your ovulation time for best results. Our IVF acupuncture in Bondi can increase responsiveness to fertility medication. This is done by relaxing and calming you during treatment, improving blood flow to the uterus and ovaries, and helping to minimise the side effects of drugs.
Treatments vary from person to person, with our team taking into consideration your age, number of failed IVF cycles, hormonal balance, ovarian reserve, number of years trying to conceive and general state of your health. For personalised information, please feel free to reach out to Eastern Therapies or book an appointment.
How often should I have treatment?
Infertility acupuncture treatments may vary from person to person. Deciding factors are age, number of failed IVF cycles, hormonal balance, ovarian reserve, number of years trying to conceive and general state of your health. Please refer to our different programs.
For natural conception we advise one a week treatment for a minimum period of 3 cycles.
For IVF conception we work within our IVF programs.
More information how infertility acupuncture can help to conceive, as well as support you during pregnancy, can be found on our page about Fertility/Infertility and Pregnancy Acupuncture FAQ