We work in women’s health, assisting in infertility with acupuncture. Once pregnant we support your pregnancy, then prepare you for labour. After you have delivered your baby, we can assist you post pregnancy as well as treat kids and infants as young as one month old in order to protect their sensitive digestive systems and build their immunity.
Acupuncture Infertility Treatments
Through a combination of improving overall physical and emotional health, as well as stabilising/regulating the menstrual cycle, our programs are aimed specifically to improve fertility and boost your odds of successfully conceiving and having a healthy pregnancy. We work with the phases of your menstrual cycle or IVF cycle to achieve this. Through our association with a Fertility East in Bondi Junction, we can assist you to accurately track your ovulation time – the most important phase of your cycle.
Acupuncture with In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
As a part of the in vitro fertilization (IVF) support program, our clinic offers acupuncture as a supplementary treatment. Taken with ICSI, IVF, or IUI, acupuncture specialized for infertility can significantly improve pregnancy rates and increase responsiveness to fertility medication. It does this by relaxing and calming you during treatment, improving blood flow to the uterus and ovaries, and helping to minimize the side-effects of drugs.
Fertility and Relaxation
It has been well established that stress can have a negative impact on the hormones that aid fertility, in men as well as women. Acupuncture treatments can help to promote a positive and relaxed state of mind, lowering stress and helping fertility. For maximum potential, it is recommended that acupuncture be commenced at least 3 months prior to endeavouring to achieve conception.
Improving Quality and Quantity of Sperm
Acupuncture offers a simple and easy method of improving men’s fertility. Sperm count can be raised, and motility increased. The treatment is recommended just prior to collection of the sperm.
Support During Pregnancy
For the first three months after conception, we will continue to administer treatments. This program is designed to reduce morning sickness and prevent the risk of miscarriage.
Acupuncture in the treatment of infertility is offered in a number of treatment packages.
Acupuncture Treatment Packages
– The IVF Support Program, involving an initial consultation and 6 sessions to 12 sessions. This package is designed to provide acupuncture treatment at the most critical times of IVF and related techniques.
– Pre-Embryo Transfer program and Post Embryo Transfer involving 2 sessions. This has been shown to significantly improve pregnancy rates.
– The Post Harvest Program, involving only 1 session. Often, it is suggested that an acupuncture session be scheduled for the day after, to decrease anxiety, bloating and normalize the tissues.
– The Female Fertility Program, supports women who want to conceive naturally, involving an initial consultation and 12 sessions. These treatments are given over a period of 3 months, and include advice for optimizing nutrition and lifestyle for conception. It is recommended that this package is used prior to assisted conception/ IVF.
– The Male Fertility Program, involving an initial consultation and 10-12 sessions of acupuncture or in addition we can provide herbal medicine in capsules for a period of 3 months. We recommend starting the program at least 3 months before starting to try for conception. This program is customizable, depending on whether the patient wishes to improve sperm count, morphology, or motility.
Male Sperm Collection program, involves one to two treatments prior to sperm collection to improve motility prior to collection.
The benefits of infertility acupuncture are:
- Regulate menstrual cycle
- Improve sperm count and motility
- Reduce stress and anxiety associated with infertility
- Balances the hormone and endocrine systems
- Improves blood flow in the uterus
- Decreases the chance of miscarriage
- Increase the chances of pregnancy for women undergoing in vitro fertilization (IVF)
How often should I have treatment?
Infertility acupuncture treatments may vary from person to person. Deciding factors are age, number of failed IVF cycles, hormonal balance, ovarian reserve, number of years trying to conceive and general state of your health. Please refer to our different programs.
For natural conception we advise one a week treatment for a minimum period of 3 cycles.
For IVF conception we work within our IVF programs.
More information how infertility acupuncture can help to conceive, as well as support you during pregnancy, can be found on our page about Fertility/Infertility and Pregnancy Acupuncture FAQ