I found a great article about Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. The article summarises some of the mechanisms of the syndrome, specifically insulin resistance. When insulin levels are reduced this helps to balance hormones and alleviate the symptoms of PCOS.
Diet plays a huge role in the control and reduction of insulin and inflammation. This article provides some helpful suggestions for managing PCOS and stabilising the hormones:
- Limiting fined sugar and carbohydrates
- Eating enough fibre and the RIGHT kinds of fats
- Increasing your antioxidant intake
- Eating magnesium rich foods
- Adding cinnamon into your diet
Have a read yourself here.